PDA

View Full Version : New Peg Perego Car Seat

wimama
11-11-2005, 12:58 AM
Has anyone seen the new Peg Perego Car Seat in real life? I saw the new seats online at their website.

http://www.pegperego.com/download/Collection_USA.pdf

It looks pretty cool, with side head supports.

So now I am more confused than ever on which car seat to get. I also have been looking at the Snugride with the gracopedic foam and the Chicco Keyfit.

Any advise or real life experiences?

hapaness
11-11-2005, 10:55 PM
Don't know if it matters to you but I found the new Peg Perego on a site that will be selling the seat starting in Jan. but its going for $229! It would have been one of my choices but thats way too much for me to spend on a seat that I probably will use for a year at the most.

wimama
11-16-2005, 01:34 AM
Ouch, that is pricey. I just wish I could see the new Peg Perego and Chicco Key Fit in real life. We only have a USA Baby in town here. And I don't think they have them in stock yet.

Any have experience with any of these car seats?

lmcnabbkv
11-16-2005, 11:30 AM
The new Peg car seat is currently IMPOSSIBLE to find. The earliest I have heard of any being shipped is November 30th. (however this was originally October 14 and has been pushed back several times). Most every place is not even advertising them until January.
The car seat does look great, much improved over the last model from what I can tell. It is going to be a very hot ticket item though depending on what color you would be looking for. I just finally caved and bought the Graco snugride in metropolitan because I was due on Monday and I would definately be needing a car seat before the new Peg's would be in stock and it looks like shipment could be delayed even more (Peg company also said January but some retailers are still advertising late November...).
I will be very excited (and of course a little green eyed :)) to hear from someone who actually gets one when they first come out! Good luck in your search!

hapaness
11-16-2005, 01:15 PM
A friend of mine..and local tech saw the seat in person at a new baby store around here. She said she wasnt all that impressed with the seat. It wasnt very soft/cushy. I think for that price it should be amply padded.

wimama
11-16-2005, 07:39 PM
The amount of padding in the seat is a concern for me. I want it to be confortable for my baby.

I wonder how much padding the Chicco Keyfit has. I have seen the Graco Snugrides with the gracopedic padding. Those look comfy.