PDA

View Full Version : Where to order new straps for AO?

tjham
11-13-2005, 02:54 PM
My son uses an AO as a backup seat for my granddaughter. The straps are all twisted. I remember reading you can order new straps for a reasonable price but didn't write it down. Now I can't find the info. Also, it doesn't have a tether strap so I'd like to order one of those also. It's 4 years old. Did they not come with them then or has it been misplaced? He says he doesn't remember ever seeing one. I'm concerned now that I have read that the tether is very important with this seat.

Joolsplus2
11-13-2005, 06:12 PM
www.djgusa.com What I did was dig around on that page till you get to the 'order free replacement harness retainer/chest clip' and filled out that form, and then I called like an hour later (from a number I found on the site) and they conveniently already had my info from the chest clip form, and it was really easy to tell them I wanted a new harness. You need the serial number off the seat, so have the seat near you when you call. 4 years ago, the tethers weren't attached, so it was EASY to lose them, just order another one while you're on the phone...I can't imagine the whole shebang running more than $10.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

tjham
11-13-2005, 07:01 PM
Great! Thanks!

Oh, dig around is right. They don't made it easy to find! I finally went to Customer Relations, then to FAQ's then to 2-piece harness "something" and filled it in. I'll call them tomorrow when I can get the necessary numbers!

And this seat may be part of a recall for the tether. I'll have to check on that too.