PDA

View Full Version : Frivolous Question about strap colors on Britax

tjham
11-13-2005, 03:43 PM
I was just looking at a full page site that showed all the Britax carseats at once. I noticed that a lot of the seats have straps that do not coordinate well with the seat covers! As an example, IMO, the cow one should have black straps and the mosaic one should have gray ones and they both have tan straps! I realize this is totally frivilous, but if someone cares enough to search for the perfect seat cover, are they not also going to want the straps to coordinate? Am I crazy? }(

http://store.yahoo.com/barebabies-store/carseats.html
Scroll down about 1/3 to see Britax carseats.

clc053103
11-13-2005, 04:10 PM
You're not crazy- I totally agree...and just think how much cleaner black straps would stay! I thought maybe the straps matched the bases but no- the base on Cowmooflage is gray.

maybe those straps don't come in that many colors? I am still annoyed that my ice blue Skip Hop Dash w/ chocolate trim has a black shoulder strap!

tjham
11-13-2005, 05:36 PM
It looks like they have grey, black and tan straps, enough colors to at least try to coordinate with a certain cover. Grey would go better with yours than BLACK!

Thatchermom
11-13-2005, 06:35 PM
I'm there with you. Our big cat RA with tan base had grey straps. A good friend's cowmoo with a grey base had tan straps. We always said we were going to switch but never did. Who's making these decisions at Britax?

jenny76
11-13-2005, 11:19 PM
The base and straps on my Cowmooflage MA are both tan. I've always thought that was kind of wrong, too, but the tan goes well with the tan/cream coloring throughout the not-really-white part of the cover.

I'm still trying not let it bother me that it doesn't match my charcoal grey interior. You'd think I'd be over it after 4 months. :)

hipmaman
11-14-2005, 08:53 PM
But if you change covers, like many of us do, then coordinating the straps would be an added onus, lol. By now, the strap colour does not bother me anymore.