PDA

View Full Version : Is the companion actually not safe?

smilequeen
11-16-2005, 10:47 AM
I am seeing some negative posts about it and I'm wondering.

We used it for our son until he was about 5-6 months and then switched him to a Wizard and Roundabout. I never had any problems with it. He was comfy, it was easy to fit in my car, easy to use without the base in DH's car (the one problem was that the extra base didn't fit in his car), it fit great in our P3 when needed. It was a little heavy, but I am not that into carrying it around anyway...

So, while it wasn't AWESOME, I really felt that it was safe with the extra side impact protection and I didn't have problems with it. So I just assumed we'd keep it for the next baby. However, if there are really safety issues we won't. There are plenty of other seats with SIP now. (not that I'm even ttc yet, but maybe in a few more months)

Thanks...

kijip
11-16-2005, 11:58 AM
What have you heard? I have not seen similar bad reviews or heard about anything that would compromise the seat's safety.

Joolsplus2
11-16-2005, 12:44 PM
I think only if you have a *really* hard time getting it to click into the base, that's a problem, and is something Britax should deal with as a warrantee/customer service issue. But unsafe? Nope, it's just fine :)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx