PDA

View Full Version : carseat placement in a chrysler town and country

HIU8
11-21-2005, 01:23 PM
DH and I are thinking of getting a chrysler town and country. Right now we have one DC and are planning on one or two more. We need another car b/c our lease for current car is up in May and we are way over the mileage already. Plus, there are no top tethers so we would have to get the car retrofitted. We don't want to get a sedan now and in one or two years get a bigger car, so we are going for the bigger car. Does anyone know where the LATCH is in this car? I think I read it was only in the center of the third row. Also, where do you tether for both rear and forward facing? DS will remain rear facing as long as possible (hope to make it to the limits of his marathon), but I want to make sure the new car has tethers in the right place.

Thanks,
Heather
DS 11/27/04

Joolsplus2
11-21-2005, 02:41 PM
I'm almost positive (and the LATCH manual says...) that there is a full LATCH set (lower and top anchors) on the captain's chairs and a full LATCH set (lower and upper anchors) in the middle of the third row. You would not be able to add top tethers to the outboard third row seats.

I don't know about RF tethering...I thought someone had a thread on this a few pages back, maybe, but I didn't read it...I'd assume there's a decent front seat leg or track that should be fine, though (???)

:)

Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

bcafe
11-21-2005, 06:26 PM
That was me! Well, I had to loop the D-ring under the passenger seat track to RF tether, however, that limits the distance the passenger can be from the dash. I seriously could not find another spot! Yes, there is a full LATCH on both capt seats and in the center of the third row. My biggest complaint with RF in the T&C?? Those darn seats are at such angles! I don't know why some vehicles make nice "flat" seats and others have such "non-flat" seats. It makes getting a nice recline very difficult. We even took our RA with us to the dealership, however, DD was FF at the time. My little 8mth old sits so straight up, he looks uncomfortable. I think I am going to put a towel under the front of his seat to recline him a bit more. So long story short, we love our T&C and the RF tether point (or lack there of) is minor. HTH! I will have to take some pics if you would like.

Joolsplus2
11-22-2005, 08:38 AM
Yeah, try a rolled towel...and it's ok if the front seat touches the ra's seatback so that everyone has lots of recline and legroom.

:)

bcafe
11-22-2005, 09:26 AM
Oh the front seat touches the RA because I have the front seat reclined a bit, but with the tether around the automatic seat track, the passenger seat can only be moved back until it hits the D-ring strap. A bit frustrating to say the least. I thought women designed mini-vans these days?;)

Joolsplus2
11-22-2005, 10:28 AM
LOL, gotcha... yeah, it must be Cosco-owning mamas designing Chryslers ;)