PDA

View Full Version : RF angle for a 1 year old?

smilequeen
11-21-2005, 03:46 PM
After having to climb into my car every few days and re-tighten DS carseat, I decided to move it to the outboard position and use LATCH because I can get it in so much better that way. It is only slightly reclined now. I have maybe 1/2 between the carseat and the drivers seat at this point. (I'm 5'9" and drive an MDX right now...medium size back seat). He's in a WZ right now and will be in a Boulevard as soon as it shows up. The angle is almost upright, just slightly reclined. Is this OK at his age? He'll be one tommorrow and will be this way until January when I get a new car with a bigger back seat.

I can move it back to the middle. I can get it in tight, it just loosens so easily that way and drives me nuts having to re-install it so often. Or am I doing something wrong there too?

Joolsplus2
11-21-2005, 04:05 PM
As long as he's comfortable, he can really be really upright... I've even gotten the ok from Britax to install it in the upright position itself (I asked why that isn't in the manual, they said it would make the manual too long??? ooooh kaaaay...). Anyway, if he's comfy, it should be just fine.

Not sure why it keeps getting loose in the middle... did you use the lockoffs or the seatbelt retractor? Did you try a rolled towel under the front of the base? Sometimes even a rolled up handtowel can work wonders for keeping a seat tight. Is the buckle/female side too long? Twisting it down a bit so it's shorter is often a great trick... but outboard with LATCH is VERY safe, so don't feel bad if you are just sick of struggling with the center.

Also, there's nothing wrong with touching the front seatback.. really cramming the seatbacks together can be bad if you have advanced airbags, but resting the seat on the front seatback is actually a good thing, as it helps the whole system ride down the crash at the same time.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx