PDA

View Full Version : Car Seat for Honda Element

skellyt
11-21-2005, 07:35 PM
Hello. We are expecting our first child in March. I have been reading several books that rate/discuss different baby items such as cribs, strollers and car seats. I am convinced I want an infant car seat. We have a Honda Element. Does anyone have any advice as to which infant car seat is best for a Honda Element? Thanks for your help.

ca mom to 2
11-21-2005, 11:20 PM
We have an Element, and I don't think you'll have a problem with any carseat you choose. The Element seats are wide and flat, and the latch connectors are easy to get to once you get the covers off (not buried in the seat crack). My oldest is in a Britax Husky now, which is an enormous seat, and it fits fine.

My husband is tall, and drives with the seat all the way back, and we were still able to install a carseat rearfacing behind the drivers seat. There wasn't a lot of room left, but there was some. I love my little rubbery car.

Good luck in your search!

Cathy

Carly 4.5 years
Nick 16 months

Joolsplus2
11-22-2005, 09:15 AM
Yup, any seat should be terrific... just read down all the posts and see why we like the infant seats we do...some have EPS head protective foam, or you can leave the handle up, or are really light, or have adorable covers... they are all quite safe (the models with foam are possibly safer...) and since your car won't be a problem, look for the ones you think will be easiest to use every time. (just make sure to get a model with a 5 point harness and a front harness adjuster...some of the snugrides don't have these features, so check carefully)

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx