PDA

View Full Version : minivan ?

tribecamom
11-27-2005, 08:59 PM
what should I look for in a minivan? I have two in seats (a marathon and soon to be husky (or whatever makes sense for a ff 2yo toddler about to exceed 40 pounds (but that's another post))...

My husband is interested in the Honda Odyssey. Anything I should know about seats, airbags or other options?

I am not a surbanite so I am not familar with the alternatives

Joolsplus2
11-28-2005, 08:41 AM
Odyssey or Sienna...those are the tops (Freestar is also good... if you are ok buying American..)... If Side Curtain Airbags are optional, GET THEM! I think they are standard on the Ody, optional on the Sienna (but the Sienna has so many different packages I don't even try to keep up, lol).

Those are both so safe, that you should just pick the one that drives better or that you can get a better deal on...you could flip a coin and not go wrong with either of them (the 2006 Ody, that is...the 2005 doesn't have enough top tether anchors in the third row...you may never need them, but the option of having them is priceless).

JMNSHO! ;) (www.iihs.org has crash tests, and www.suvsafety.info might have more info on stability control and other safety features).
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

tribecamom
11-28-2005, 07:58 PM
thanks JUlie...so do most minivan's have latch in all the rear seating positions? I take it from the prior post that if DD and DS can't be right next to one another (trust me on that LOL) that I need to put one in the 3rd row and one in the second row so we can use the third row if we need it? but for vacations etc when we need to put the back seat down, we put both carseats in row 2? LOL this may be more than I can handle

petersmom
11-28-2005, 08:37 PM
What about CHrysler Town and Country.
With High ratings on side impact crash testing.
Stow and go options and still have room for a double stroller and groceries in the trunk

tribecamom
11-28-2005, 09:35 PM
ratings for safety aren't as high as the others

http://www.iihs.org/ratings/summary.aspx?class=80