PDA

View Full Version : Boulevard RF tether -- how tight?

hillview
11-28-2005, 10:55 AM
So took DS's Boulevard to the car seat experts (technicians) and 2 women spent 30 minutes getting it installed. It seems great but I am worried -- the teathers (Swedish position) are loose (they aren't rigid like a taught rope when you touch them they have give in them) -- is this ok? If not any advise on how to fix this?

tia!
/hillary

Joolsplus2
11-28-2005, 11:44 AM
Geez, what car do you have ;) 2 people half an hour??? . Anyway, no, the top tether shouldn't really be very tight at all, otherwise it just pulls the seat into too flat of a recline. It's not doing the same job as the seatbelt, which of course you DO want really tight, you just want it to not have slack in it, is really all, and that's just fine.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

Splash
11-28-2005, 01:42 PM
Hey Julie, it took me about that long to get it in my car. And I have always been able to install any other seat in minutes, even the dreaded AO.
The BV and my vehicle are not compatible in terms of ease of installation. It fits great and once in it is rock solid, but getting it in is a bear. Of course, doing it with LATCH only takes about 3 minutes. It's the center belt and those damn lockoffs that kill me.
My tether isn't tight either. It was before I shoved the baby blankets under the base, to get the recline better. Now it doesn't have any slack, but it's not *tight* It's just tight enough to not be loose... but it doesn't pull the seat down at all.
E

hillview
11-29-2005, 02:02 PM
Julie,
Thanks ... makes me feel so much better. It is an Infiniti G35 and the carseat is in the center with the seatbelt not LATCH (no center LATCH). Cannot imagine how long it would have taken me and DH to do! Thanks again ... driving happier!
/hillary

Joolsplus2
11-29-2005, 02:47 PM
Good to know...I'll add your car to my list of 'not favorites', lol (With Subarus and Mercedes and BMW's... Why do the nice cars have to be so difficult! ROFL)

Anyway, glad it's all good!

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

Calla
12-01-2005, 09:13 AM
Just thought I'd add to the list of difficult installations. I took my Boulevard and 02 Honda Accord to one technician who convinced me that the center seat couldn't be done. After coming online here I realized that wasn't true, and brought it to a police station. There were three policemen in my car getting it into place. LOL. Now its in the center seat and doesn't budge at all, but it was some serious work for them to get it in!