PDA

View Full Version : What seat for DH new truck? MA, Husky, Regent, something else?

mrshalco
11-29-2005, 04:04 PM
DH just got a new work truck. He got a 1999 Dodge Ram pickup with an extended cab. He will be taking our son ATLEAST 2x a week to my parents house in the morning. DS is 18.5 months old and weighs 27.5 lbs. He is RF in my civic in a MA, FF in the surburban in a RA, and now we would like to put a new seat in the Dodge. I was thinking we would buy a Husky or a Regent as the third seat and then do the car seat shuffle and put the husky/regent in the surburban and the RA in the Dodge. I do bring them to the Police station to be put in properly so I would like to make the decision about what seat in what car before I go and move the seats around.

Anyone have a Dodge Ram that has a Britax in the back (ff)? What seat is it and how does it fit? Is it best to put the RA in the backseat of the Dodge because it is the smallest and he will spend the least amount of time in there? Are there anyother seats that I should be looking at? We are TTC #2 so eventually there will be another little one but I will be using the snugride in the beginning. I have another concern about a carseat being in the car since DH will also be plowing with this car (residential plowing). I figured that question should be it's own post!! (FYI - DH will not be plowing with DS in the car but the carseat will be there)...

Any advice would be great!
Thanks!! :)
Colleen

BillK
11-29-2005, 04:09 PM
We just bought an RA for my in-laws '99 Dodge Ext. Cab 1/2 ton pickup. Here are the threads about it. Worked out great - no way a MA, BV, WIZ or Dec would have fit imho. Ours is a rear facing install though.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=13&topic_id=33840&mesg_id=33840&page=4

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=13&topic_id=34014&mesg_id=34014&page=3

mrshalco
11-29-2005, 04:42 PM
Thanks Bill! I will probably be putting the RA in FF. Guess I'm off to figure out if I need to worry about anything specific for FF.

Thanks again,
Colleen

Joolsplus2
11-29-2005, 08:35 PM
Your main challenge is getting a top tether anchor installed for Forward Facing...I *think* it can be done in that truck...call your dealer and see if they know anything about it, I might have part numbers if they are confused and need them.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

mommy2robby_danny
12-13-2005, 12:28 PM
We have a 01 Dodge Ram with extended cab and RF and FF can be very squishy!!! My boys feet are always squished in by the front seats. There is not way to RF a car seat behind the seats but you can in the middle but this will be an issue when #2 comes. We had ds1 in the middle until #2 came. Then until ds2 went FF we had then right next to eachother. Now they are each on one side of the truck. They are horrible to tether, we dont have latch either but I just wanted to say the RA will fit. That is the only Britax I tried. I know the husky does not but I do not own the others so I cannot help there.
Good Luck and Congrats!!
Colleen