PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Scenera Facts learnt on this past plane trip...

catfeet
11-30-2005, 02:11 PM
Neat factoid #1: When your older child is sick, needs to ride, and you only have one stroller, the Scenera can become an impromptu baby backpack, complete with strapped in sleeping child.

Neat factoide #2: The Combi Savy series holds the Scenera like they were made for each other. Just put the FF "foot" down and plunk it into the stroller...the back even interlocks with the upright sides of the stroller.

So we kinda had the trip from hell, if you can tell by these newly learnt facts. Both children had the throw-ups on the plane on the way out. DS1 was so sick he kept saying "Mommy, I want to go hooooommmmeeeeee" in the most pitiful voice, and when he wasn't saying that, he was saying "Mommy, I want to be in _MY_ carseat" which we didn't have, having checked the booster for him now that he actually fits into it. Dh wanted to travel light. Grrrr...

Turned out he (ds) had a double ear infection, his first of any kind, which we had to go to urgent care to get looked at in the SF Bay area. He's still taking the medicine, 10 days later, with enough for the next 4 or 5 days. Ugh. Anyway, he was so sick, he needed to ride from the plane to baggage claim, so I took the carseat, hooked the tether strap to a little plastic hook on the bottom/back of the seat, and once we were off the plane, put the whole thing on my back like a big backpack. It did dig in, but with a couple of sick kids, and lots of stuff, it worked. I wouldn't want to do it again unless I had to, but hey, I had to.

DH wanting to travel light was actually the reason for the new stroller purhase, well, anyway, A reason, ok, more like an excuse. (So I'm addicted to strollers too...) So I went and bought this new, light stroller to take. Good thing I went with the Combi, I almost talked myself into something without a bar. We were able to put the carseat, complete with sleeping child right into it and go. It was so much easier than the folks who had Gracos right in front of us. It shakes open and then I could just plunk the whole thing right in.

I'm SOOOOO glad we're finally home, even if I did learn some neat and weird carseat factoids; this was just the longest trip ever.

Ann

Joolsplus2
11-30-2005, 08:09 PM
Oooh, nightmare trip from hell :/. Glad the Scenera and Savvy were so travel friendly, at the very least! (Ok, I have to say, aren't you kind of glad you didn't bring the Avatar this time? <tiny giggle>)

(((HUGS))) for your DS, hope he recover(ed) fast from the ear infections (oh, ouch... flying with ear infections... ouch...)

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx