PDA

View Full Version : Graco Comfort Sport or Scenera for second seat?

daisy1234
12-02-2005, 01:38 PM
Hi ..I need one extra seat for the babysitter...what is better the CS (cheaper version) or the Scenera? Thanks!!! Is the padding much different between the two seats?

o_mom
12-02-2005, 02:17 PM
Go with the Scenera if you can find it - my 15%ile DS was too tall for the ComfortSport at 24 mos.

clc053103
12-04-2005, 01:30 PM
I posted this same question a few weeks ago- I got the same answer: get the Scenera.

The Comfortsport harness slots are very short and will most likely be outgrown quickly, requiring another seat purchase in less than 2 years. Also, the adjuster is very difficult to work rear facing.

As far as padding- the Comfortsport is MUCH more plush (at least the model I looked at) ! However, I have found the Scenera to be no less padded than a lot of the other avg seats (Britax is excluded!) Since I assume your babysitter will only be using it for trips around town, I think there's plenty of padding for the short time your DS or DD will be in the vehicle.

As a side note, I had better luck installing with seatbelt than I did with LATCH.

Good luck!

sophiesmom
12-04-2005, 02:52 PM
I agree w/ the Scenara. Don't have one, and I didn't listen before.. have a Comfortsport for DD's truck and 2 for grandmas, and my 2 kids are just about out of them! Plan on getting a second convertible for DH's truck, and probably will be scenera.

daisy1234
12-04-2005, 10:34 PM
Thanks for the input!