PDA

View Full Version : Roundabout in Funky Denim? Comfort?

Pennylane
12-03-2005, 09:10 AM
Hi,

I was wondering if any one can tell me if they have the Roundabout in Funky Denim and what the material feels like? I guess I picture denim and wonder if it would be stiff or uncomfortable? Baby Style has such a good price on it now.

Thanks,

Ann

kellyotn
12-03-2005, 09:52 AM
I have MA's in Funky Denim. Its a very dark blue with some goldish undertones. It looks nearly black in my black interior car.

Its definitely not as soft as their velour ones. But, its not scratchy either. Its not as soft as 10 year old Levi's, but its nice. I liked it because it was 100% cotton and would be nice in the summer heat. I've machine washed it a couple times on gentle and its washed well. It might fade over time, I don't know.

I'd say get it because of the deal and if you end up not liking it, you can always get a replacement down the road! :-)

Splash
12-03-2005, 10:22 AM
I don't like it. It's not UNcomfortable, just not comfortable. BUT, it is more comfortable than the covers on Gracos or Coscos, so it definitely ain't the worst. It's not scratchy. I think it's ugly (personal opinion) but if you got a great deal on it, go for it. You can always buy a cover later if you really hate it.
Besides, baby is wearing clothes anyway.

Pennylane
12-03-2005, 10:48 AM
Thanks to both of you for your help. I think I am going to order it and if I end up hating it, just get a cover. We have to buy two so I'd love to save some $$!

tjham
12-03-2005, 12:24 PM
I was curious about these and if the color rubs off on the baby's clothes. It must not or someone would have mentioned it by now! I just know how much dark jeans bleed until they have been washed a bunch. Maybe they really prewash the Funky Denim!

Pennylane
12-03-2005, 01:19 PM
I didn't even think about that! I'll let you know once I get it and start using it.

kellyotn
12-03-2005, 05:11 PM
My son incessantly kicked his white socked feet on the seat. Blue color never transferred. But, once one got wet and I tried to wipe it up with a white towel and blue DID transfer then.

They look nice in my black car, but I will admit I caved to Cow Moo and now have replacement covers that I got a good deal on. ;-)

mommy2maya
12-04-2005, 08:58 PM
We have two funky denim marathons, and have never had problems with eitehr one. No complaints about comfort or lack of, and no blue dye. I really like the look of them, they are simple & understated- I personally like that a lot more than some of the loud covers they make