PDA

View Full Version : Infant seat storage?

rrkalina
12-03-2005, 11:22 AM
After installing the Scenera in DH's car this morning (BV's been in my car for about a month), we are officially "retiring" the SnugRide.

I'm washing the cover, and have wiped down the plastic shell. Anything else I should do before putting it away for a couple of years until DS gets a sibling?

How should I store it? The original box is long gone, but would a cardboard box or rubbermaid container be okay? Should it be wrapped up in anything?

Where should I store it? We don't have an attic or basement--most of our storage is in our detached garage. Since there's no heat or AC in the garage, I'm worried about the extreme temperatures. (We live in Atlanta, so it doesn't get extremely cold in the winter, and of course the summers are HOT.) We do have some room in a closet in the house if that would be better.

As more info, we would plan to store it for 2-3 years until (hopefully) the next one comes along. It's a SR in Metropolitan.

TIA!!
~Kyle
Gavin 5/26/05 <-- I won't be missing that car seat one bit!

Joolsplus2
12-03-2005, 05:29 PM
I'm sure even your detached garage in Atlanta doesn't get as hot as your car did in the sun, so it's probably fine. The main thing I keep reading about is seats getting mildewy, so maybe it would fare better in a box of some sort with one of those moisture absorber things, like 'damp rid' or something? I dunno, just an idea, I know it's mega humid there ;)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx