PDA

View Full Version : Help with cold weather car seat logistics. Coats/X posted with RL:

Edensmum
12-07-2005, 04:48 PM
I live in a condo so I have the car out in parking lot. My condo is a second floor back of building deal. I have to take dd out with me. So I know I am supposed to take her coat off in the carseat. I can warm it up before i leave, but everytime we stop etc. I don't always have tons of time to sit and let the car warm up completely. What are you doing with your toddlers to keep them warm getting in and out of the car. It was bitter today and I feel like she was too exposed.
Is a HA fleece too think for the seat? I think the Jungle journey is thinner than the love a bug, but I was told no jacket.
Eden 9/04

Joolsplus2
12-07-2005, 05:05 PM
I wouldn't worry too, too much if you are just using fleece... big puffy down-filled things are way worse. If it still seems like the seat just is not getting tight enough, then you might unzip her coat, put her harness on her clothing layer and tighten, and then re-zip her coat over the harness (or just leave it unzipped).

And NOW I understand what it's like to deal with kids in coats... it's MUCH colder in virginia than california, and I can NOT get my car into my garage (too big a car, too tight a turn, it is such a bummer :P)... my kids insist on taking their coats off because they are more comfortable, and half the time I make them leave them on, and they twist their harnesses up all over the place, it's awful! and loose! argh (and we only use fleece, too...it still seems kind of too thick, doesn't it? sigh).

Ok, rant off ;)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx