PDA

View Full Version : Honda Odessey Middle Row and Carseats

fairyfahrenholz
12-12-2005, 03:43 PM
Hi All -

We currently have a Town and Country and DH really wants an Odyssey (so do I, just don't want the car payment, lol). Anyway, for those with an Odyssey, can you put 2 car seats in the middle row if the middle row is slid together as a bench? It drives DH nuts that people have to climb over the car seats in the T&C to get to the back row and is looking to find out what happens if we upgrade to a Honda.

We have 1 MA and 1 Husky.

TIA!

Kristen
Emma 5/10/04
Michael 6/2/05

PS...could someone please post the link to the carseat database? I can't find it at the moment...Thanks again!

o_mom
12-12-2005, 04:03 PM
I have an older Odyssey, but I think it is still the same. You can move the seats together. What I have right now is the baby rear-facing behind the drivers seat and the 2 yo in the other captains chair. I either put it in the middle and push it as far forward as it will go, or to the side and push it all the way back. Either one seems to work for getting to the back, but the middle position gives the back seat more leg room and lets me reach the 2yo easier.

erzzie
12-12-2005, 04:07 PM
We have an 06 Odyssey and keep the seats arranged just like you are talking about. Since the seats are captain's chairs, they contain the whole width of the seat easily. The captain chair armrests even separate the kids slightly, so they don't feel too crowded next to each other. We have a Britax Marathon in one seat, and I'll be putting a Britax Boulevard in the other one. Right now my son's Turbobooster is in the middle seat.

erzzie
12-12-2005, 04:08 PM
nt

erzzie
12-12-2005, 04:08 PM
nt

Joolsplus2
12-12-2005, 06:11 PM
www.carseatdata.org has plenty of entries, but I don't think there's anything that won't fit in an Ody. ONE thing to think about, though, is that the belts come out of the side of the car, so once a kid reaches 48 pounds and you can't use the LATCH bars anymore, then stretching the belt across the walkway really sucks. (Siennas have the belt coming out of the seat itself, so that's never a problem---of course, you are probably eons from that being a problem, anyway, lol).

Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

erzzie
12-12-2005, 06:40 PM
I realized that after installing my DS's booster there! I'm going to put my 2yo there until she's big enough to need the seatbelt (I'm guessing about 6yo), then move my son who should be old enough to not need a booster there and put her in the 3rd row with a booster. Do you think an average sized 10yo can sit in a captain's chair without a booster, or am I dreaming?

I agree, it's a bit of a drawback! But the rest of the Odyssey is so nice, I'll manage!

Joolsplus2
12-12-2005, 07:15 PM
Yeah, I think a 10 yo might make it in that captain's chair without a booster... but don't count your chickens before they hatch (MY 10 yo probably won't make it...he's a pretty small/average 8 yo currently, lol).
I move my seats around *constantly*...it's just fun (even after almost 3 years of owning a minivan, I always find an excuse to move the kids around, lol...<geek alert>)

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx