PDA

View Full Version : Infant Car Seat bunting question (Bundle Me, Land's End)

soontobemommy
12-13-2005, 07:34 PM
Ok I got the Bundle Me and then read it's not safe in the infant car seat (I have a Graco snugride) so am going to use it for my stroller. So then was reading on these boards about getting a cover that goes on like a shower cap - Kiddopatamus was recommended but everywhere I looked online they were sold out so I ordered one from Land's End but I think I got the WRONG one (the Squall?) as it looks like the Bundle Me. Grrr.....

So then I found this on this forum:

http://landsend.com/cd/fp/prod/0,,1_2_474_16367_74080_52527_5:view=-1,00.html?sid=6799021441970186060

Is this the RIGHT one that's safe for my car seat - similar to the Kiddopotamus one that goes on top? I need to know before I order one more of these things- LOL!

I live in CO an would like something warm for the baby!
thanks,
Lauren
(mother to Matthew Evan, born 11-16-05)

DebbieJ
12-13-2005, 07:48 PM
It looks a-okay to me!

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
2 year check up: 25 lbs with clothes on and 35 inches!
BFARed for 20 months and 6 days
(Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org)

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

Joolsplus2
12-13-2005, 07:52 PM
Boy, what a crummy picture, why do they have to make it so hard for us to tell? lol... Here's another one that's good http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_11/602-6021876-1191017?%5Fencoding=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B0002ZOI7E
What I would do, seriously, is call LE and ask them to describe that to you better. I THINK it's right, but you don't want to be out $40 to find out, that's for sure!
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

erzzie
12-13-2005, 08:31 PM
Yes, but unfortunately that particular one is sold out. Did you click on one to order? They've been sold out for a few months now. I hope you can find one!

SusanMae
12-13-2005, 09:01 PM
Wal-mart sells them too. I think they are less than $20 bucks there if you're looking to save a few dollars. They are in the baby section usually near the car shades, but sometimes they are WAY up on the top of those shelves.

Susan

daniele_ut
12-13-2005, 11:40 PM
I had a LE Car Seat Squall that I got on Overstocks last year and I ended up returning it, but I've regretted it ever since. The fleece was so thin that I really don't feel it interfered at all with tightening the straps. There was such a large open space in the back to allow the straps through that most of DS's torso fit in the space. In fact, he was more snug in the seat with the Squall than he was with his fleece bunting (which we rarely used). Mind you, this is JMO! If you can find the other one and you are happy with it, go for it!

soontobemommy
12-14-2005, 10:38 AM
Yeah it looks warm - not sure what to do. Also I need something cause I can't get anything thick on Matthew in the car- tried a sweater even over his onsie and it was too thick with the car straps- I don't feel he's warm enuf in a onsie, hat, pants and socks and then a blanket- I even have a fleece one piece outfit for him but again too thick.

How does one dress a baby for the cold in an infant car seat without comprimising the straps? Will this car seat cover be the answer (ie warm enuf?) or should I dress him in something else? (therefore, ideas!)

Lauren

bensmom
12-14-2005, 10:58 AM
For my January baby, I put him into the carseat in just the outfit he was wearing - generally a onesie and a thin sleeper. Then I used one of the covers (I think mine was from BRU - it was fleece that went over the entire seat). If it was really cold, I tucked an extra blanket inside the cover (over the straps). No hat - his head was under the fleece cover (mine had a flap on it that I could put down outside).

If anything, I thought he got too warm - I often popped the cover off once the car warmed up.

Ilana

CPS Tech and mom

soontobemommy
12-14-2005, 11:08 AM
Ilana,
Was your's the kind that went just over the car seat (like a shower cap?) or like the Bundle me? I have the Bundle Me but heard it's not safe for car seat- I saw a shower cap style at BRU (by Kiddopatomus) but it's unavailable. Why I was looking at the Land's End one. So then just dressing him in his usual way with hat and then using one of those fleece things will keep him warm enuf is what I hear. I see all these babies bundled up when I go out and I have no clue how they get all those layers under the car seat straps or if it's even safe.

soontobemommy
12-14-2005, 11:20 AM
Ok found that Kiddopotamus one at Baby Bungalow and ordered it. Here's link if anyone wants one:

http://www.babybungalow.com/fashcopopopr.html

bensmom
12-14-2005, 02:46 PM
Shower cap style. I don't remember the brand (Eddie Bauer maybe?). I haven't seen it online, only at the store. I actually had a Bundle me too - received it as a gift. It's great for the stoller if you go for an early spring walk :)

IMO, people often over-bundle their kids (especially because the car heats up relatively quickly). My DS was born mid-January in Chicago and did just fine without tons of extra layers, snowsuits etc...

Ilana

CPS Tech and mom

nbrackman
12-16-2005, 02:24 PM
I got a very nice double layer fleece one by Goldbug on ebay. I think with shipping it came to less than $15. Lots of them on ebay right now. It zips and has a little flap for over the head, and is a nice thick fleece. Very warm.

In fact I may be re-ebaying mine very soon because we're moving ds up to the convertible.

Elizasmom
12-16-2005, 11:15 PM
You might want to just try that squall you have before you return it. I am a total freak about car seat safety, but I never worried about that one. I could not have affected the straps any more than a baby wearing a thin sweater with a huge rectangular hole cut in the back of it would have! I had a Bundleme too, but that was too thick and I just used it in the stroller. The LE squall so thin and mostly open in the back. I don't think mine affected the straps at all. Also, I think it would be warmer than the shower cap kind because it can snugle right against the baby and wraps behind them. The shower cap kind will be suspended above the baby. Of course, you could put blankets under the shower cap.

OneOfEachHowSweet
12-17-2005, 11:15 PM
I used the Bundle Me but I cut a big whole in the back so it did not interfere at all with the car seat harness. BTW ~ while they're made in China the inventor or whatever is about 45 minutes from me ~ I'm up there all the time visiting friends and family, I can get "seconds" for $10 and new ones for $20 (Bundle Me Bigs/Toddlers same price) if anyone is interested in having me pick one up for them. I can post pix of what the cut up bundle me looks like if anyone is intersted.

HTH ~
Shannon
Mommy of
Carter & Lilly