PDA

View Full Version : Julie & Other CPS Techs

wilelm
12-14-2005, 11:42 AM
I know--search the posts! But I don't have time, and there are always so many!!

I need a good, but maybe less expensive than Britax, convertible car seat recommendation for Miriam. She's starting preschool part-time on Jan. 3, and my husband will be dropping her off on his way to work. We have a MA for her in my van. Is there one as good, that may be a little less, as she will only be riding in it twice a week for 10 minutes?

TIA,

Sheila
Mama to Miriam, 03/10/03 and
Gabriel, 12/30/04

Scatterbunny
12-14-2005, 02:38 PM
Is she still rear-facing? If not, I wouldn't go with a convertible seat, since you don't need the rear-facing capability.

wilelm
12-14-2005, 02:46 PM
No, she's FF. What should I get, if not a convertible? I feel so stupid, I didn't even realize there were regular car seats (as opposed to booster seats) there weren't RF!!!

Sheila
Mama to Miriam, 03/10/03 and
Gabriel, 12/30/04

Joolsplus2
12-14-2005, 03:31 PM
Our typical faves for a kiddo that age are the Graco Ultra or Platinum Cargo, or the Evenflo Generations or Bolero. They have nice tall top slots for more growing room than a regular convertible, and front harness adjusters. If she's pushing 40 pounds and needs something with a higher weight limit, then the Cosco Apex (might be called Alpha Elite Apex) goes to 65 pounds and becomes a great booster, too. If you want something of comparable quality to your Britax (short trips aren't as safe as we think...not that I'm saying the Gracos and Evenflos aren't safe!), then the Recaro Young Sport is a really sweet seat, very easy to install and use and becomes an awesome side impact protective booster later (costs twice as much, but really, you do get twice the quality and safety compared to the Graco/Evenflo...again, not that I'm saying the Graco/Evenflo are bad, but you are used to nice easy to use Britaxes, lol)

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx