PDA

View Full Version : ...carseats in europe - different requirements? better seats?

elke
12-14-2005, 03:56 PM
Hi,

so I just decided to buy the Britax Boulevard as our next convertible seat and then realized that we might very well move to europe long long before dd will outgrow that seat. I was wondering if it would still be worthwhile to purchase it because we could bring it along? Or would I want a new carseat in europe anyways because they are better/cheaper/different requirements?
does anyone know anything about that?
thanks!
elke

Joolsplus2
12-14-2005, 04:16 PM
Depending on the country and residency status, it may be technically illegal to use a US seat there...I'm not too sure, but it kind of is illegal here (I don't think anyone is ever convicted, though, lol). A Britax is still a good choice, because it is quite similar to EU seats...it has the built in shoulderbelt lockoffs that you may need there, and EPS foam as is required.
But maybe you want to go with a Roundabout instead? Smaller, cheaper, easier to bring with you when you DO go, and then you can shop around there (maybe shop online so you get an idea of what seats are out there? Britax is in lots of countries ;) ).

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx