PDA

View Full Version : How to choose a snugride style?

JenDC
12-15-2005, 11:40 AM
I'd like to get the least expensive one that has the 5 point harness. Our baby is due at the beginning of April, so we're unlikely to need a boot or anything for warmth. I don't really care what the color or pattern is, as long as the fabric isn't scratchy. Does anyone know of where to get one for under $99 that meets the basic requirements?
Jen

o_mom
12-15-2005, 12:00 PM
If you go to www.gracobaby.com and click on carseats - > infant seats, you can then narrow the choices by the links on the left. When I chose $50-100 and front adjuster, there were 11 choices. There were three models:

8465 - which comes with the boot and infant head support, for $99.99 at BRU, Target or Walmart in five different patterns

8646 - has the infant head support, for $89.99 all three patterns at BRU

8446 - infant head support, for $89.99 at BRU, TRU and Walmart in three patterns

Beyond that, you will have to go to the store and feel the fabrics or wait for sales! You have a few months, so watch for Target or Walmart to have a sale on one of them between now and then, or look for a BRU coupon.

HTH!

Joolsplus2
12-15-2005, 01:40 PM
There're quite a few choices with the 5-pt harness AND the front adjuster (little strap by the feet) that are that price range, I believe...you might have to go to Babies R Us/Target/Toys R Us/Walmart and feel the covers and see which you love. The Chicco Key Fit is also a really nice seat and on sale at One Step Ahead using coupon AMERBABY for $89 (this seat might be a better choice for you if you want to install the seat in the center, have a lap and shoulderbelt there, and do not have an official LATCH position in the middle...the Snugride is way more difficult to install with a lap and shoulderbelt, so be sure to know your car well before you choose a seat)

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx