PDA

View Full Version : What carseats have hand holds?

tjham
12-15-2005, 03:38 PM
Maybe a silly question. But some carseats are light enough and still hard to tote around because it's hard to get a grip on them, others may be heavier but are easier to carry because they have hand holds. WHY don't they put them on all carseats?

Joolsplus2
12-15-2005, 03:41 PM
That used to be the ONLY good thing about my old Century NextStep..the awesome handle! I don't recall what seats have them now, I'll post this to my cronies and see what they know :)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

nisi
12-15-2005, 04:04 PM
I know my old Century Accel had a carrying handle, and the Graco Comfort Sport is the same shell, so I assume it does, too.

It isn't specifically for carrying, but the V tether on the Britax convertible seats makes a very handy shoulder strap :-)

Nisi
CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats

mom2acrew
12-15-2005, 08:01 PM
Do you mean infant carriers/car seat? Or Convertibles that have handles at the top? Sorry I am a bit confused. Britax cobvertibles are a bit heavy but easy to carry by the tether because you can throw them over your shoulder.

oops didn't see Nisi's post before I wrote this, those are the only seats w/ handles I a can think of too, except Evenflo used to have them on some of their seats.

Joolsplus2
12-16-2005, 09:01 AM
Heheh, see, if you'd ever owned a seat with a handle, you'd know exactly what she means...or didn't you have a NextStep but not move it much? That handle on the top was da bomb!

:D
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

tjham
12-16-2005, 01:31 PM
I have a Scenera (thanks to the reviews here) I haven't actually used it yet (LOL) but I have moved it from car to car several times to have "just in case". After reading these responses, I just realized I can grab it by the tether strap which I already had conveniently attached to the hole by the back bottom! Duh!