PDA

View Full Version : Can I get retrofit latch for my Graco infant seat?

skipspin
12-16-2005, 10:39 AM
Hi,
I have a 02 Graco infant seat that came with the "Leisure Sport" (jogger) travel system. It has the base, but it's not adjustable on the front of the base like the snugride. Other than that I don't see any difference between it and the 03/03 Snugrides. I was wondering if I can get retrofit LATCH. I can't get the numbers off the seat right now because it's in the attic, but I could later if I need to. I am just remembering how the base wanted to tilt with DD. I don't really want to buy a new seat since I plan on only using it as the baby's main seat for 3-4 months and it's in GREAT shape. I wasn't a "car seat fanatic" when I bought it, or I could probably tell you everything about it. Thanks for any help.
PS- If I can't get LATCH I can use a locking clip to keep it level, right?

Joy
DD 8-21-03

Joolsplus2
12-16-2005, 10:43 AM
Hi Joy...welcome to BB (this board is SO cool compared to PP, lol).

SOME Graco bases can be retrofit with the LATCH strap (which is now discontinued, I believe, so if you find it it might be at least on sale). I think www.gracobaby.com has a big ol' list of model numbers that are compatible, if you want to dig your base out of the attic and compare and find out.

And yup, the locking clip is always an acceptable answer for keeping it installed tightly and level.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

Joolsplus2
12-16-2005, 11:21 AM
Oh, don't know if it's the same color (or if you care?) but Walmart online has bases for only $29 (the msrp of the latch strap was $25 when it was widely available...)...all graco seats fit on all graco bases, too.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

skipspin
12-19-2005, 10:23 AM
Thanks Julie- I just found these boards and like them better than pp too, only now I have two to check- my house may never be clean! I will check out that base on wal-mart. I am usually picky about colors, but it really doesn't matter. (Me seat has the grey plastic.) I would be nice to have an extra base because we do have 3 vehicles- although the infant seat doesn't work in one of them.
Thanks again
Joy
DD 8-21-03