PDA

View Full Version : So my minivan has side airbags....which seat then?

my3fallkiddos
12-16-2005, 04:36 PM
I'm thinking of switching DS#1 (24 months, 23 pounds) to a Britax BV out of the Britax MA he's currently rfing in. I have side airbags in my 05 LE-8 Sienna and DH is arguing that side airbags and the MA are as safe as we can get DS. He's outboard and the area I drive has a much higher occurance of side crashes than frontal, so I worry :)

So which would you choose? Keep the MA or buy a BV? I am planning on buying DD a Parkway when it comes out in Tiffany and I may move her to the back row. DS#2 is in the middle seat middle row and I have a Britax RA ready for him when he outgrows his Graco SR.

Thanks!

Joolsplus2
12-16-2005, 05:23 PM
I wouldn't buy a BV unless it's on some kind of sale, and you really love the other feature (the dialing headrest just for the fun height adjustment part)... your van is the only one that even gets "acceptable" ratings even withOUT airbags, so I would go ahead and put away too much worry about the issue. If you happen to need another forward facing seat, then spend a few extra dollars and get the safeguard seat or Regent (which are taller and more comfortable for longer kids' legs in the long run)

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx