PDA

View Full Version : Camry owners - question about two seats in back

samiam
12-16-2005, 11:58 PM
Anyone know if a Roundabout and Snugride will fit in the back seat side by side, rather than having them both outboard? My Camry is a 2004. Thanks.

Joolsplus2
12-17-2005, 09:04 AM
Definitely maybe. Don't you still have both those seats to try them out? I know a mom who's *just* been able to squeeze a SR an MA next to each other in a narrower Grand Am, at least... Do you have some news for us????
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

samiam
12-17-2005, 11:25 AM
Thanks Julie. Uh, duh on me! Yes, I still have both seats. Just crazy busy and it didn't occur to me that I could actually try them out. Is there an emoticon out there for a whack upside ones head?!?

News? I hope I'll have some. I have a 2 year old ds, adopted domestically at birth. We've applied to adopt again and have two potential birthmoms seriously considering us. Apparently both are down to two final couples, so hoping and praying one of them picks up. Oh, and both are due within a few weeks. Trying not to get my hopes up or let me head spin too much just yet.

samiam
12-17-2005, 11:26 AM
Oh, and I'm sure this has been asked before, but would it be safer to put the infant seat in the center and my 2 year old ds (still rearfacing) outboard?

Joolsplus2
12-17-2005, 01:04 PM
I'm not exactly sure who'd be better outboard if they are both center...there's the 'infant is more fragile so needs to be center' or 'infant is more rubbery and better to put the 2 yo in the center' (rubbery...for lack of a better word, seems like you can toss babies around pretty bad and they bounce back)... but also, the Britax has EPS foam, that might be better outboard... Ok, I just don't know, so I'll fall back on the "all seats in the back are very safe, so do what is most convenient" mantra :D

Fingers crossed for you!!!!
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx