PDA

View Full Version : Need some data for friend who wants to move toddler to booster seat

colleenfs
12-18-2005, 04:27 PM
A friend wants to move her very large 21 month old into a booster seat since he meets the weight and height requirements. I am trying to convince her to get a Marathon, but she would like to see some hard data. Also, she is reluctant to spend a ton of money since she will need to buy a seat for eacb of two cars. Can someone please provide me with some links to convince her not to get a booster?

Thanks!

~Colleen
Mama to Julia, 1-10-02
and Emma Marie, born 7-27-05

uccomama
12-18-2005, 06:21 PM
See Julie's post here: http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=13&topic_id=34908&mesg_id=34908&page= she has some great research in the links.

Deborah

o_mom
12-18-2005, 07:25 PM
Perhaps you can convince her to get the Fisher Price Britax when they come out if she can wait that long? Or at least the Cosco Apex? The $129x2 might be easier to convince than $250x2.

How big is her DS? They do slow down at that age, and it can seem like they are about to outgrow a seat forever. I know that DS1 has only gained about a pound in the last six months (27 mos now).