PDA

View Full Version : which Britax from birth??

hautemama15
12-19-2005, 10:17 AM
looking to bypass the whole infant car seat thing now that I have decided on not using a car seat with my stroller. which Britax would be the snuggest and comfiest for a newborn, but still last me at least 3-4 years???

Aunt to sweet baby boy
12-19-2005, 10:45 AM
Well you could go with the RA which has a 40 lb weight limit and is slightly smaller but i would reccomend one of the larger britax seats esp since starting with a newborn so that this seat could be your only seat you would have to buy for this dc (6 year lifespan of the seat). For a newborn i would look into either the BV which has the SIP wings or the DC. This is because they both have infant pillows so the seat would help fit the baby a little better since they are such large seats.

I think someone on this board had pictures of a newborn in a BV/DC maybe they will post them.

Avi my dn uses the DC and a MA and i LOVE the DC! The infant pillow was used with him until he was ~ 8 months old! It is such a cushy seat, sooo soft. The only sad thing is that my sister would kill me if i bought my dream pattern- tiffany.

HTH

Ilana

hautemama15
12-19-2005, 11:12 AM
I was in fact looking at the DC at BRU earlier and liked the look. I want to avoid having to get two seats within a year even though the infant seats look so comfy for a newborn. If I can recline a convertable enough and there is enough padding and cushion I think its the way to go! Thanks for your input!

joeysmom
12-19-2005, 04:26 PM
When It was time to take Joey out of his carrier I wondered wich carseat was best for my car. Because I did not have a whole lot of room in my car and wanted passengers in my car to comfortable as well, I ended up looking at the Roundabout then I saw the Marathon I could get a few years out of the MA versus the RA. It seemed to work out better.

Happy Holidays
J.R.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/31339.jpg

Aunt to sweet baby boy
12-19-2005, 08:55 PM
I think all of the Britax seats are VERY cushy and nice. One of the great things about Britax seats is that they have a RF tether. This atttaches to one of the seats in front of the seat that the carseat is on and it allows you to recline the seat to an angle suitable for a newborn. This feature will be very helpful when you want to install the seat as well as the added safety features that come along with it.

HTH

Have fun shopping!

Ilana