PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know when the new Snugrides will be out?

Niki_n_Abby
12-19-2005, 12:34 PM
I'll be needing a car seat next year for a new baby and read that Graco is releasing a new Snugride with 30 lb/32" limits. Anyone know when those will be available? After my dd I had planned to skip the infant seat all together, but if I can get a year our of one I'd jump on it.

Thanks!

Niki

Joolsplus2
12-19-2005, 01:22 PM
It's already been seen at BRU in St. Louis.... I bet it's at a few more, too, and just taking longer to be online :)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

mommy2maya
12-20-2005, 01:31 PM
Any idea if it is with a travel system now, or can be purchased alone? Also, any ideas on pricing?

skipspin
12-20-2005, 04:31 PM
My BRU (near Tampa, FL) had one when I was in being a neurotic car seat fanatic last week. (They look really nice. I want to go back and try my 29 lb 2 yr old in it just for fun! They also had the Apex :-) I'm thinking the price was about $130. I could be remembering wrong. They had two Graco strollers in the stroller section that "go" with it. One was the new Mosiac and the other was one of the larger strollers- maybe the Quatro Tour. I think that they would fit on any Graco strollers, but the fabric actaully matches on these two and the tags say they "go" with the Safe Seat (That's what it's called.) I looked the day before and couldn't find it anywhere online. Maybe I will get some pictures- it will give me an excuse to go to BRU again!
Joy
DD 8-21-03

SusanMae
12-20-2005, 07:15 PM
There was a link on here somewheres for the new Graco SafeSeat which goes to 30 pounds or 32". It comes as a travel system for the Quattro Tour and it's a Wal-Mart link.

Susan

eatompkins
12-21-2005, 02:30 PM
I purchased a Graco SafeSeat at the Babies R Us in Chesapeake, VA this past weekend. The store carried only one style of the SafeSeat (called Fusion - a combo of gray and teal), though they had a lot of stock of it. The seat was was $150. The store said they'd be getting the extra car seat bases for the SafeSeat in the next month or so. I also bought the Graco Snugrider Infant Car Seat Frame for $60. The SafeSeat fit the Snugrider Frame nicely, making it a light stroller option.

Based on looking at it and lifting it, the SafeSeat seemed slightly heavier and wider than Graco's regular Snugride infant car seat. The greater width seemed to be mostly on the sides where the carrying handle connects to the seat.

I purchased the SafeSeat because I wanted an infant car seat that would last close to a year. With my previous two kids, I used the Cosco Designer 33 Infant Car Seat (which is now discontinued, but did have really high height/weight limits). Even though the seat got harder to carry when the children got heavier, I really liked being able to quickly pop the seat in the Snap N Go frame when doing short errands or run the seat into the house if my child was drowsy/sleeping.

As an aside for those with more than one child -- In a pinch, it seems like the SafeSeat could sit forward facing on one side of the Aria Twin stroller, though it scrunched my 18 month old who sitting in the other seat some.

todzwife
12-21-2005, 09:56 PM
I'm no where near a BRU :(