PDA

View Full Version : Need new seat suggestions

infocrazy
12-19-2005, 02:14 PM
At DS's 4 month check-up, he was 26" and 15 1/2 lbs. We have a Combi Connection--which I love--so he still has some time before he outgrows his carrier (especially since he is long-limbed vs long torso)--but Grandma is getting us a seat for Christmas :-).

Any suggestions on 2 seats? DH (6'3") and I (5'10") are both tall, as DS appears to be for his age so something that will fit my little string bean well.

We need one for my car which he will ride in 95% of the time. I have a 2005 Honda CRV--the front seats are back pretty far though and I plan to rear-face as long as possible.

We also need one for DH truck 2001 Dodge Ram Quad Cab--this will also be our travel seat and for Grandma's car if necessary so easy install but not that expensive would be ideal.

I have been thinking Britax but if so, which one?

Thanks in advance!
Jen
DS 7/28/05

Joolsplus2
12-19-2005, 02:19 PM
Any "big britax" you like would be great for your car.. Marathon or Decathlon or Boulevard, they are all terrific, just have different bells and whistles (www.britaxusa.com has the specs).
And for the second car, we mostly tend to love the Cosco Scenera...it's easy to install, easy to use, and has a tallish back but is really light for travel (or I guess the Roundabout it at babylove.com for $139??? might be worth a look...it won't last as long, but it's light and even easier to install than the Scenera...).
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx