PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of the Marathon Zebra cover?

smilla653
12-19-2005, 03:35 PM
We just bought a Marathon in the Zebra print. We were out doing some Christmas shopping and I finally got DH to look at all the different Britax models we were considering. Then, we split up: I went to Banana Republic while he pulled the car around to the baby store to see if the Marathon would fit properly and to finalize the purchase. Our car has a grey interior, but they were out of the grey microdot, so we went with what was actually my first choice anyway, the Zebra print. I've never seen it IRL (and it's actually still in the box) but DH took a loook at it and thought it was a little unusual. Now, he wouldn't have bought it if he hated it, but he made a comment that mystified me:

"A zebra print cover is a little bit white trash."

This comment caught me completely offguard... I have to say, I have no idea what he's talking about. Anyone else have any ideas?

Incidentally, I think it's funky and fun. I'd love to see pics of your DC in their Zebra print MA to prove my DH otherwise.

Joolsplus2
12-19-2005, 05:05 PM
LOL! Well, everyone's entitled to an opinion ;). I had a Maxi Cosi (kinda like Britax, but only sold here for a year) in Ziggy/Zebra, and we adored it (in my white CR-V, it was like a safari mobile! fun!). I've seen one new Zebra in real life, and thought it was awfully cute, you just have to have the guts to be different :D
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

hipmaman
12-19-2005, 10:31 PM
I agree. I love the zebra print and think it's great. Go for it!

Darko1996
12-20-2005, 01:09 PM
Oh so what- i registered for the cow print. do what makes you happy!!!!!!

hipmaman
12-20-2005, 07:33 PM
Cowmooflage is another cute one. My dh learned quickly that he had no voting right when it comes to baby gear, lol

smilla653
12-22-2005, 12:04 AM
What do men know about fashion, right? Thanks for the encouragement!

bubbaray
12-22-2005, 12:18 AM
I agree -- my DH d/n get a vote on baby stuff, LOL. I like both the cowmooflage and zebra prints!

:)

Melissa

Maya Papaya!
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040411/3/4/1/-8/.png[/img][/url]

http://bd.lilypie.com/hiuqm8/.png[/img][/url]

kijip
12-22-2005, 02:24 AM
"white trash" brings to mind five kids in the back of a pick-up NOT a new carseat of any kind. So gaudy? Maybe. Trash? NAH! And I speak as the product of confirmed "white trash".

MamaParis
12-22-2005, 02:39 PM
I think the Zebra is WAY cute!

I have the Zebra Maxi Cosi and the Cow print Britax seats and they're not trashy looking at all .. at least to me! LOL ;)

I personally think that the "car interior friendly" covers are boring and ugly. I mean, its for a child - why not make it fun for them. its no wonder why kids hate carseats! LOL
My kids HATE riding in my parents car - we have the EB 3 in 1 and Maxi Cosi Zebra seat in it and they both always want the Zebra seat.
Which I can't blame them. Blue plaid? or Zebra? I'd pick the Zebra myself! LOL

So we're all entitled to our own opinions and likes and dislikes.

If YOU don't like it either - then bring it back! Otherwise, my vote usually overrides my DHs when it comes to this kind of stuff! :)

Or you can let the baby decide! LOL

Either way - you bough a GREAT seat - no matter what cover you decide on!

have fun! and good luck deciding!