PDA

View Full Version : Jools, remind me agian about combo seats..

DebbieJ
12-20-2005, 04:40 PM
My 4 yo nephew rides with me a lot. Usually I transfer his AO into my car but it really sucks and the install is never good.

My sis is going out of town next week and I'll have him almost every day, so I think I'm going to bite the bullet and finally get him his own seat for my car.

In the past you recommended the Graco CarGo series and then there were some Evenflo ones, but I forget the names.

Enlighten me again! (I still need to verify his height/weight)

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
2 year check up: 25 lbs with clothes on and 35 inches!
BFARed for 20 months and 6 days
(Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org)

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

Joolsplus2
12-20-2005, 04:45 PM
LOL, nothing to remember, anything by Graco or Evenflo is good (except that stupid Treasured Cargo with no front adjuster :P).

Ultra or Platinum Cargo, and the Evenflos are: Generations (best as a booster, has a recline bar, dialing harness adjuster), Bolero (Walmart version of Gen, no recline bar), Chase (just a basic seat), Traditions(like Chase, but with an extra headrest). You might even find the Vision (really basic Chase) at Kmart for a bargain price. They ALL have top slots and front harness adjusters of some sort.
Or, go really big and get the Apex/Alpha Elite/Whatever they call it, by Cosco that goes to 65 pounds harnessed and becomes a pretty decent booster...it's really fine, I think (as long as you have tall seatbacks and/or headrests).

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

Momof3Labs
12-20-2005, 08:55 PM
Deb - if he's not a big kid, you can borrow one of our RAs next week. DS just outgrew them by height, so we're exclusively in MAs and a Regent now! Or, if you decide to go with the Apex, the BRU in Orland has it on the back wall, next to the bibs, for $129. They labeled it the Alpha Elite, I think.