PDA

View Full Version : One more question- stress marks on my Chase

skipspin
12-20-2005, 09:54 PM
Ok, I was really going to stay off this board for a few days, but DD wet in her Chase tonight and when I took the cover off to clean it I noticed really light marks- I'd call them stress marks- in several places: under the legs (toward the front of the seat) and on the sides in the "hip" area. They are really light, but it still makes me wonder. I know that they weren't there when we bought it, (I have washed it before) and it has NEVER been in an accident since we are the only owners and bought it new. Should I call Evenflo or is this normal? And, does anyone have any experience with them? Will they want to see it, then replace it or refund the $? Thanks, and I will try not to ask more questions for a while!
Joy
DD 8-21-03 RF and FF in WZ and sometimes rides in her Chase.
(Yeah, she's spoiled and likes her "big blue seat"

Joolsplus2
12-21-2005, 08:10 AM
Oh, ask all you want, we're here (literally, my puter is in my kitchen...I pack a lunch, sit down for a minute, wash a dish, sit down for a minute, you get the picture, lol).

I'm going to agree...it's probably NOT a problem (big huge stress marks where the harness or seatbelt go would freak me out, of course), but if you *want* to call Evenflo, don't hesitate....I'm sure they'll tell you not to worry, but they've been known to refund pretty fast when there are real issues. (and, I think this is why seats used to mostly be white...can't see those stress marks, can't get freaked out... hmm...like most Britaxes are still white-ish...hmmm...)

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx