PDA

View Full Version : Booster Seat Recommendations PLEASE!!!

Kungjo
12-21-2005, 02:46 AM
Hi,

I'm mostly a lurker here but I've been with this board since I was pregnant. I've seen tons of wisdom from you ladies so I'm hoping you can help me with this one.

DD# 1 (DOB: 1/6/02) is still in her Evenflo Triumph. She's a little peanut so she hasn't quite outgrown her carseat yet, but we're getting there. I know that a number of you have already transition to booster seats. Can you tell me which ones you chose and why? Safety is the most important thing to me so if price wasn't a factor, what would be the best booster seat to get?

Also, just to make sure I've got it right, at what point do I move her to a booster?

Thanks so much.
Joyce

Joolsplus2
12-21-2005, 07:54 AM
A *Harnessed* booster is ok, but a regular belt positioner is NOT safe for her at this age (keeping kids harnessed till age 5-6 really decreases their risk of head injuries).
The Graco Ultra or Platinum Cargo is good, so are the Evenflo seats (Generations, Traditions, Chase, Bolero). The only Cosco/Safety First seat that is ok is the brand new Apex/Alpha Elite, as it has nice tall top slots and goes to 65 pounds (then 100 as a booster). The Recaro Young Sport is a *really* nice seat, and as a booster once she hits 40 pounds it's much nicer than any of the others I mentioned (they are great harnessed seats, and only *ok* as boosters...not bad, but no side impact protection...the Recaro has NICE side impact protection).

Anyway, lurk around, there's lots of posts...and go to the toddler board and the booster seat board there, we answer the same question a couple times a week (lots of links to lots of pictures, too, there!)

Have fun shopping!
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx