PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have a boy *uncomfortable* with 5 pt harness?

msboston
12-21-2005, 03:39 PM
hi there!

My 4 year old son is in the Britax Marathon and has been for over a year. I though he would go much longer but he is squirming and complaining that he is uncomfortable *between his legs* and really reacting strongly. I use the padded bumper again, I loosen as much as I feel is safe, but he still has to have his hand there to be comfortable. He is not uncomfortable in this way anywhere or anytime else. He is MISERABLE!!! Does anyone else have this experience? At 37 lbs 40.5 inches, can I move him safelt to teh Recaro Style booster?

Thanks for your help!

Stephanie

catfeet
12-21-2005, 05:26 PM
My 4yo son is in a Wizard, and occassionally he complains about this too. I think with my son, what has happened is that when the straps are tightened, sometimes the leg straps tighten more than the chest part, so I pull on the lower part of the strap, usually right on his thigh, so he's got more room on his legs and less pressure on his penis. This usually solves the problem. Sometimes we need to get out of the seat and have a total clothing and parts re-adjustment though.

HTH,
Ann

Momof3Labs
12-21-2005, 09:13 PM
The Regent has more space between the crotch strap and the back of the seat - maybe he'd be more comfy in that. I wouldn't put a 4yo in a booster, personally; you could get a ton of use out of the Regent to make it worth purchasing.

FWIW, my 42", 37lb 3yo has not complained about this in his two Marathons, but not all kids are shaped the same way.

Tondi G
12-22-2005, 04:45 PM
Do you think he would sit properly in a belt positioning booster? I know my DS is 4 and a half and is now rising in a BPB in his grandmas car and dads car as we had to move his little brother to the Marathon and he is really good about sitting in it properly! Last night was the first time he has ever fallen asleep in the car in a backless booster and he still managed to stay in his seat pretty well considering.... we were minutes from our destination anyways and he woke right up!

I would think if your kiddo is really uncomfortable in the MA and you think he will sit properly in the BPB and that he will fit in it well then go ahead! My DS is HUGE and very close to being too big for the MA now at just about 60 lbs and 44 inches tall... I am looking into a decent booster for him for my car and we'll move his MA to DH's car for his little brother!

Good Luck

~Tondi
Mommy to Mason 7/8/01 and Aidan 5/4/05