PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have experience with a carseat cover for traveling?

kahplayground
12-22-2005, 02:15 PM
We are going to Hawaii in March w/ DD. We did not purchase a seat b/c I know that she will want to be in my lap the entire time and at $800+ for a seat for her, we opted to just lap her (we are flying from Orange County, CA). I think I want to buy a cover to protect the carseat. Anyone have any experiences with them. We own a Britax MA & are thinking about either buying another MA or a Roundabout.

TIA
Karin
DD 11 months

Tondi G
12-22-2005, 04:38 PM
we bought a carry bag from the Right Start when we flew up to Sacramento and took DS as a lap child a few years ago. I was SOOO glad we did cause the bag came off the plane with several rub marks and a hole in it.... would've been my RA cover with the hole instead!!!! I don't know if that one will fit the Marathon though so you may want to call the store and ask them! I wonder too if now there is something out there that is a thicker material???

Good Luck

~Tondi

catfeet
12-22-2005, 05:32 PM
We've got a bag made by DEX. It's got backpack straps on it and is made of a heavy plastic canvas. It's gone on several trips with us and looks just like new.

HTH,
Ann

kahplayground
12-22-2005, 05:41 PM
Ann,

Do you happen to remember where you bought this?

TIA
Karin

christiab
12-23-2005, 09:53 PM
>Do you happen to remember where you bought this?
>
I'm not Ann ;-), but I've seen them lots of places. Babies R Us, USA Baby, Baby Depot(I, think). Do a Google search for car seat travel bag and you'll find it lots of places.

We have the Right Start bag, and it has held up great for 10 + trips!

Christia