PDA

View Full Version : Question about Marathon tether

jillybean
12-22-2005, 08:13 PM
I bought a Marathon for my parents Cadillac. I believe it is a 97 Fleetwood. I installed it on the passenger side, but I could not find a place to use the tether. Is it safe to use without the tether? I think it is a pretty tight fit (not as solid as my MA in my Passat), but I am concerned about it not being tethered.

Also, right now my ds MA is in the center seat of my Passat. The Tether anchor is directly behind his seat. If I were to move him outboard, would I need to have the anchor moved or can it be at an angle? Hope that question makes sense!

TIA,
Jill

Joolsplus2
12-23-2005, 08:07 AM
97 cars don't have top tethers, and they should be added, if at all possible. Contact the Cadillac dealer and ask if they'll do that (Cadillacs are GMs and Technical Service Bulletin 99-09-40-004 says you get at least one anchor installed free).

What year is your Passat? Is the top tether you have added on? There SHOULD be 3 top tethers, one for each seating position, unless it's an add on and there's only one in the middle...in which case, you can get more installed for the outboard seats.

Your MA is fine without a top tether, but it's safer to get/use them if possible.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx