PDA

View Full Version : BIG 20 mo old, Husky/Regent or something else?

christiab
12-22-2005, 08:37 PM
Help--

I have a 37 lb, 37 in 20 month old son. He's currently in a Roundabout in my car (2004 Durango). I bought a Husky for my husband's '97 Grand Cherokee that only gets used occasionally right now.

I am happy w/ the Husky, but I am concerned about travel. We fly 4-5 times a year and I am NOT looking forward to lugging a Husky through the airport (plus we can't use it on the plane)!!

What do you guys think about suitable replacements for the Roundabout?
Should I get another Husky and lift weights before the trip, or should I look into a Radian (or something else)?

Thanks

Momof3Labs
12-22-2005, 08:44 PM
I'd go with an Apex - it harnesses to 65lbs, and is a booster to 100lbs. And I'm pretty certain that it is okay to use on airplanes. IMO, the Radian would not be the right choice for you since you need to use it as a booster starting at 40lbs, and your DS is way too young to be in a booster. Plus, you can't use a booster on the plane, so that wouldn't solve your travel problem!

Aunt to sweet baby boy
12-23-2005, 01:15 AM
I have heard that the apex has very low top slots. If your ds is very tall in his torso i would try it out first before purchasing.

Ilana

uccomama
12-23-2005, 01:36 AM
The Radian isn't a combo seat, and is rated to 65 lbs so it wouldn't be a bad choice at all IMO. And according to the manufacturer the top harness slots are 19"!

http://www.mightytite.com/Pages/radian1.html

Deborah

Mommy and CPS Tech