PDA

View Full Version : what to do for child over 33 pounds and not yet one year?

simplehome
12-25-2005, 12:40 PM
Thought I'd ask this for a friend of mine to help her find the safest solution for her child...

She has a son who is now 33 pounds, 32 inches long, and 9 months old. He has a Britax RA, and she currently has him RF, of course. But because the RF weight limit is 33 pounds, what should she now do with him to keep him safe? She doesn't want to turn him around yet, but he has reached the rated RF weight limit on the seat, and of every other seat I've seen.

What is the safest solution? Is there a seat out there that addresses this issue?

Thanks in advance!!

Momof3Labs
12-25-2005, 02:48 PM
The Scenera rear-faces to 35lbs. It is only about $50, so not too expensive a solution. Not sure if that will get him all the way to one year though since it only gives him 2 more pounds. Be sure to go with the 5-pt harness version; stay away from the overhead shield version.

She'll probably have to replace that RA very soon, too, since it only goes to 40lbs.

Aunt to sweet baby boy
12-25-2005, 06:16 PM
I agree with the PP. I would also prepare your friend for a Regent/Husky because if he is 33 lbs at 9 months i am sure he will be over 40 lbs pretty soon....

Ilana