PDA

View Full Version : Desperate for car seat help...

todzwife
12-27-2005, 10:37 AM
DS got a horrific stomach bug last week and had a nasty diaper blowout on my roundabout. :( I took the cover off and washed it, but the smell had seeped into the foam and plastic, and before he let me try to clean it, DH THREW IT OUT!!!!! Oh I could just cry. :( :(

So DS is in the Touriva we had bought as an extra seat, but he HATES it-we just drove to and from AZ (about 7 1/2 hours each way) and he complained the WHOLE time, which he never did in the RA. Also, the straps/ puzzle buckle were making DH angry and he wants a new seat for DS- RIGHT NOW. So I need to order something ASAP.

We have a 2003 Chevy Impala. So far we haven't had any problems getting seats in nice and tight. We are expecting baby #2 VERY soon and I've decided to go with the snugride 2 for her. I think she'll have to be outboard though since DS (26 months) is forward facing in the center seat- he gets carsick...

DH wants to get a Britax because they seem the most comfortable. DS didn't do well not being able to see out the window either in the touriva.

So which Britax? Marathon, Decathlon or Boulevard? What are the differenced (other than price) I like that the DC has the push button adjuster like the RA.

Any help would be great! Thanks!

Aunt to sweet baby boy
12-27-2005, 10:46 AM
So sorry that DH threw away the seat! How much does DS weigh?

I would go for the BV since it has the extra SIP and DS is ff. I personally like the harness adjuster more on the DC but some people have had problems with theirs being harder to use in the begining and then getting better. The MA is also a fine seat, nothing wrong with it at all and it has the cutest covers imho so i really think it is a personall choice. Do you have any store in your area that you could go try the seats out with DS? Maybe he will like one mroe than the other?

Ilana

schums
12-27-2005, 11:38 AM
I agree with the PP on with Britax convertable seat to get. However, since he's already FF (and it doesn't sound like you're going to turn him back RF due to his motion sickness), you might also want to consider the Regent, especially if he's a big boy. The Regent (used to be the Husky) is FF only, and the harness goes up to 80 pounds and 59 inches. DS has a Husky and we couldn't be happier.

HTH,
Sarah
Mom to Alex (3/2002) and Catherine (8/2003)

kijip
12-27-2005, 01:27 PM
Oh that sucks! You could have used that RA for the new baby once D outgrew it. The foam and styrofoam and straps can all be replaced for pretty cheap.

Any of the three seats you mentioned are great so have a fun time shopping. Since you are used to the RA, the DC adjuster is going to be easier. However, the MA and BV are decent once you get used to it!

todzwife
12-27-2005, 01:52 PM
He's scrawny. I think about 25-26 pounds and 36 inches tall.

I wanted to cry when DH said "I tossed the car seat, it smelled bad". Yeah it smelled bad, but that was a $200 car seat you twit!
UGH!

catfeet
12-27-2005, 08:10 PM
Good God! I'd keep that for future blackmail/reminiscences about stupid things my SO did. Grr. My dh cringed about buying a Regent with 5 months between payments!

That all said, I'd prolly buy a Boulevard for the extra side impact protection.

Ann