PDA

View Full Version : Infant mirror

sophiesmom
12-28-2005, 08:44 AM
Just wondering what's new on the market for a mirror to attach to the seat where baby will be sitting in the car. We had an Elmo mirror w/ the last 2, but wondering what everyone likes now.
Thanks!

Joolsplus2
12-29-2005, 11:49 AM
Anything that attaches *securely* to your car seatback or headrest (I'm *supposed* to say you can't have a mirror, it'll fly off and kill your baby, though, but honestly, if it's securely attached I wouldn't worry one bit). Fisher Price makes a nice round one (or did...I haven't looked much lately) that had great straps and secured really well to a lot of cars.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

Aunt to sweet baby boy
12-29-2005, 11:54 AM
I have one that i use in my car that clips around the headrest. The plastic for the mirror is also very thin and it is more for entertaining avi than for me to be able to see him. I feel like the clip is very secure but i guess it is a personal thing. The only bad thing is when i put avi into the carseat he tries to hold onto the mirror and i have to distract him so that i am able to get him to relax enough for me to buckle him in!

Ilana

sophiesmom
12-29-2005, 01:56 PM
Yeah our Elmo one just was secured with a safety clip that didn't even really work. I'd probably say with DS we did not have it secured well (I think we used a rubberband... scary), so want something that secures well.