PDA

View Full Version : please help me decide btwn Britax MA, DC, BV

gilliesgal
12-28-2005, 03:22 PM
I've read old posts, looked at the Britax website and found a helpful comparison chart of Britax products. I'm leaning toward the DC or BV because: 1) I can use them longer, 2) they have true side impact protection. But what else should I consider?

Here are our specs:
1) DS is a little butterball. He is 7 months, 22/23 inches (born at 18.75 inches and refuses to grow up, just out) and is probably around 19 lbs.

2) We drive two four-door Honda civics, so not the easiest cars to get DS in and out of.

3) We probably will only get one car seat and have a dedicated baby car. So, once it is installed, it will stay installed.

4) Neither car has LATCH (one is a 1996 and the other is 1999)

5) His Graco Snugride is way uncomfortable for him. Seems too snug, despite our making adjustments. So, I want a seat that is comfy.

I was originally thinking the Roundabout, but it just seems as if we'll end up buying another car seat down the near-term road. I'd rather get one good one for DS that will last him.

So, is the biggest difference btwn the BV and DC just the weight of the seat?? Maybe I should be concerned about the actual size of the seat in our little Honda Civics?

Thanks in advance. I cannot wait to get poor DS out of his Snugride and into something comfy and less snug!

-Kellie

o_mom
12-28-2005, 04:06 PM
Only the BV has True Side Impact protection in the form of head wings. The DC just has EPS foam around the head area.

They are both very good, comfy seats. The main difference is the head wings on the BV. Other differences are the strap tightener which is a push button on the DC vs a lever on the BV, the crotch strap which is adjustable on the DC, and the harness height adjuster - the BV is a continuous knob adjustment, the DC you re-thread through slots.