PDA

View Full Version : New Fisher Price Seats

skipspin
12-28-2005, 04:47 PM
I got a Fisher Price booklet today and and surprise! it has info on the new travel system, infant seat, infant-toddler stroller (looks like a bugaboo type stroller that has optional bassinette, infant seat attachment and the handle is reversible), convertable seat (5-55 lb) and booster. These aren't great pictures, but I wondered if anyone knew when they would be out?

http://photobucket.com/albums/d83/skipspin/

tjham
12-28-2005, 07:11 PM
Where did you get the booklet?

SusanMae
12-28-2005, 07:47 PM
I wonder when the new info will be up on their website? Does it mention in the booklet?

Susan

skipspin
12-28-2005, 10:01 PM
I got the booklet at Motherhood Maternity- I was buying something for a friend. It was in a packet with a bunch of other free junk- mostly those dumb book clubs. It doesn't have any prices (but does have product #s) It has all their baby stuff in it. I heard, I think on the stroller board, that someone called and eventually heard spring 06, but it didn't sound like Fisher Price really knew anything about it.

The car seat does look sort of like Britax, but I couldn't SEE any lockoffs and the base definately looks different. Also, there were no HUGS, but the chest clip looked like Britax. When I was in BRU I saw the picture of the base and it said "coming soon." (They have pics of all the bases for infant seats to scan for registries or order)

kphil
12-28-2005, 11:27 PM
For the stroller, can you tell if you can use the reversible handle option with the seat reclined flat for a newborn, without having to use the car seat in it?

Thanks for sharing pictures!
Kirsten

skipspin
12-29-2005, 10:42 AM
I assume you mean the infant to toddler stroller. The brochure shows the stroller with the optional bassinette, which faces backwards- so that would work. It's hard to tell how much the seat reclines, but it looks like you could use it with the handle reversed reclined as far as the seat would recline. It just says "seat rotates from sleeping to sitting for baby's comfort." So, the back doesn't go down, the whole thing rotates. I have never seen another stroller of this type IRL, otherwise I would try to compare it to another one. (I'm hoping to go to a big stroller/car specialty seat store in January, though :-)
I hope that helps. I wish I had a scanner to get a better picture of it.

Joolsplus2
12-29-2005, 11:10 AM
Yup, the FP seats are definitely stripped down Britaxes...there's a blurb in the blog on this site with pics (sorry, my puter's in for repairs, i'm missing my good links :P). Sounds like the stroller is promising, too!

kphil
12-31-2005, 02:23 PM
Hi Joy,
Can you tell me the name of the infant to toddler stroller? I'd like to try calling Fisher Price to see when it will be out. Our baby is due this month, and I just had to return the stroller we bought for him/her, due to defective wheels. So, we now have no stroller, and I can't find another one with a reversible handle to meet our needs.

Thanks!
Kirsten

skipspin
01-01-2006, 06:22 PM
Safe Voyage Infant-to-Toddler stroller 621113

That's the only name it has in the book.