PDA

View Full Version : Roundabout - Scenara - Marathon Question

i-girl
12-28-2005, 04:58 PM
My 6-month old has outgrown his infant seat and I am considering buying a Britax Roundabout. After reading the posts here, though, I am worried about him growing out of it quickly because he is already a big baby (approx 23 lbs and tall - I don't know the exact number).

My original thought was to get a Roundabout for my car and a Cosco Scenara for my husband's car. Now I'm thinking I should just buy two Scenara's to use for the next year or so and then upgrade to the more expensive Marathon, installed forward facing, which will take me up to 65 lbs. My concern has to do with price and with how well the seat fits in my car rear facing (I have a very old 1997 Subaru Outback).

Does anyone know how the Scenara fits RF as compared to the Roundabout RF?

Also, how does the Roundabout fit FF as compared to how it fits RF?

Is there more passenger seat room once you switch it to FF?

How does the Marathon compare to the Roundabout in the FF position in terms of how much room it takes up in the back seat?

Sorry for so many questions...

SusanMae
12-28-2005, 07:58 PM
www.carseatdata.com might help to know what seats fit well in your car.

More and more research is showing that you should leave your son RF until he reaches the RF weight limit of the seat he is in. The Britax seats RF until 33 pounds and some children are into their 3rd or 4th year of life before then and that's fine. The longer they RF the safer they are.

If you can fit an infant seat in the back seat comfortably then you should have no problem fitting a Roundabout or even a Marathon in the back. They really take up no more space front to back than the baby bucket does. Since your son is no longer a newborn he doesn't need the 45 degree recline and can sit more upright.

I would go to toys or babies r us or a high end baby store and try the seats out in YOUR car. I know babies r us has a bench in the store but it's not the seat in your car.

www.cpsafety.com is a great site to go to for more information.

Susan