PDA

View Full Version : Help me figure out which car seat to add to the "collection"

mariza
12-29-2005, 10:53 AM
I got rid of DD's snugride when I heard of the higher weight limits coming out because:
A) I didn't want to worry about how to store it
B) I knew I would want the newer seat
C) I thought it would be at least 2 years between DC's

So.....here I am PG (suprise!) w/#2 and DD is only turning 1 year old next week! They will be about 19 months apart. Currently DD has a MA in my car and a RA in DH's car. I also just bought a spare RA for $139 at Baby Love because we love the RA for airplane travel. Right now the spare is in my brother's car for when DD stays with him. When DC #2 comes along we will move that seat to DH's car, so he will have 2 RA's.
I would eventually like a BV, so should I go right to the BV or get the Key Fit for now? The baby bucket is not important from a convienece aspect for me since I'll get a double stroller that works with a newborn (eyeing the Zooper Tabgo & Jane Powertwin right now).
So confused, I love the Key Fit, but since I don't see myself using it out of the car much, seems like a bit of a waste and I would rather put the $150 toward the BV. Jools & others help, I'm still in "baby shock" and confused. You would think the 2nd time around these decisions would get easier :)
I plan to get 2 Scenera's for my brother's truck too (2 kids = 6 seats ugh!)

Joolsplus2
12-29-2005, 11:56 AM
Eeeek! But, congratulations!!!! I found the infant seat to be worth its weight in gold when I had my second baby, because chasing my 25 mo around was such a struggle (I still slung her a ton, but sometimes you just NEED to be able to drop that baby on the floor at gymboree, you know?).
Just hold on, wait for sales and reviews and new seats (maybe!) to come along before you decide, I think.

Hmmm...I wonder if I should hold out for an Aloha RA or get a cheap babylove RA and a new cover later???? Hmmmm... (I *need* one for the center of dh's car, yunno, rofl!)

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

mariza
12-29-2005, 12:25 PM
Thanks Julie! I will definately wait until the summer, I know there will be tons of sales. I got the RA now because my brother babysits for us quite a bit and I was going to get a Scenera for his car, but I figured at this price I would get him the RA and take it back when the new baby arrives. Also, the new Graco safeseat looks promising. Grace is 1 year and still only 20lbs thought she's probably over 30". If the new baby is built like her at least I know I'll get more than 5 months use out of it.
If I were you I would wait for the Aloha, it is so pretty! I was able to drive to Baby Love so I didn't have to pay shipping. By the time you paid for shipping you could get your Aloha for just a few dollars more. Albeebaby.com doesn't charge tax or shipping.
Hows the pregnancy going?

skipspin
12-29-2005, 03:37 PM
Just a question: Where is Sunrise, FL? (Babylove) How far from I-4 & I-75? Just wondering...thanks.

mariza
01-02-2006, 09:13 AM
Sorry, I just saw your post. It's just north of Ft. Lauderdale.
Here's the link to the website with directions:
http://www.babylove.com/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/scstore/sitepages/findus.html?L+scstore+uqit4612+1136212595

Joolsplus2
01-02-2006, 09:37 AM
Good point about paying for shipping and whatnot... I'll hang out for an Aloha.
You know, that Safeseat seems pretty nice... and I found a sticker from my dd's 18 mo checkup where she was 32 inches then, so it might be a pretty long lasting choice. But hang out for more reviews, of course...veee shall seee... ;)

This kid has something against my ribs... like, a personal vendetta, or at least a big bum! At least I'm down to only 4 weeks left, but I think I will tell dh I *need* a big ugly recliner for the living room so I can be comfortable, lol.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx