PDA

View Full Version : Stupid manufacture date!

mariza
12-29-2005, 11:49 AM
So I just went on the Britax website to register the $139 RA and I can't beleive I didn't think to check the manufacture date before I left the store, I did with all my other seats! It was manufactured in October of 2004 (the Teddy Print should have been a dead giveaway, but I'll blame it on PG/Mommy brain again!)
So now I'll get 4 years out of it instead of six by the time the new baby arrives. Is the $60 savings worth shaving 2 years off, or will my DC's outgrow it by then anyway? Just wondering if I should take it back, and if I even can since my brother already used it when Grace stayed with him. I hope he kept the box!

Joolsplus2
12-29-2005, 12:03 PM
ugh! Oh well, a bargain's a bargain... 4 years of use out of it still makes it a decent price, IMO :)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

SusanMae
12-29-2005, 12:06 PM
Since it's a roundabout, you'll probably only get 4 years of use out of it anyway. Think about it this way---you could have spent more on a crappy Alpha Omega and gotten less use out of it. You got a good deal!

Susan

kijip
12-29-2005, 11:01 PM
I have never seen a child in a RA past age 4 yet so I think you are safe but you won't be able to pass it down to future babes. Still a good deal IMO.