PDA

View Full Version : Expiration Dates on Carseats

genevieve
12-29-2005, 02:55 PM
I purchased a Century Infant seat and convertible back in 2002. I am pregnant again and just looked at the manufacture dates on the seats. I was surprised to find out that the seats were manufactured in 2000 and 2001. Are they still safe to use? Or should I just throw them out now? I'm not due until the beginning of September.

Thanks,

Genevieve
Mom to Alexander

knaidel
12-29-2005, 02:58 PM
Seats expire 6 years after date of manufacture.

DebbieJ
12-29-2005, 04:08 PM
Actually, depending on the manufacturer, some seats expire in 5 years. Century was bought out by someone (Evenflo?) so maybe you should check with them.

(Britax says 6 years)

Maybe Jools will be back on soon to give us better answers!

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
2 year check up: 25 lbs with clothes on and 35 inches!
BFARed for 20 months and 6 days
(Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org)

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

skipspin
12-29-2005, 04:19 PM
Century was bought out by Graco I believe. (I know nothing about the seats, though, because that happened before I had my DD.)

Personally, I would get rid of them (for sure the convertable, the infant seat depending on the year/condition/harness type)just because then I would have to buy a new seat! Too bad!

genevieve
12-29-2005, 07:46 PM
Thanks that helps a lot. I hated the Century Accel anyway. The infant seat was okay. I still have my RA that I used in my husband's car. I loved that seat. My son is still in his MA and it's been wonderful as well.

Genevieve