PDA

View Full Version : From Marathon to what?

moismom
12-30-2005, 05:28 PM
Looking for ideas on what people put their kids in after the Marathon. We still have a ways to go...my 4yo is only 36 pounds but fairly tall (I'm a bad mom - I'm not exactly sure how tall). I realize that we some time, but I was looking for suggestions for a booster that people liked that they used after their Marathon.
Thanks,
Kinsey

Joolsplus2
01-02-2006, 11:33 AM
LOL, if not knowing your kid's height makes you a bad mom, I promise we all are bad after about 18 months ;). The most nervous among us choose to keep our kids harnessed longer in the Britax Regent or www.safeguardseat.com , both with very tall top slots, while the more reasonable among us tend to love the Britax Parkway or the Recaro boosters, both of which have exceptional side impact protection and fit small and large children very well. The Graco Turbo is a popular choice, but it's not tested for side impact protection, and is a bit short and narrow and doesn't actually fit most kids to the point where they no longer need a booster (age 8-12, depending on the child's size, body shape, and the car they are riding in...the longer you can keep big foam headwings around your kid, the longer you can keep head injury from side impacts 70% lower than no back boosters or no booster at all). The new Jane' Indy or Indy Plus (with Rigid LATCH, if we are lucky enough to get it!) is also coming in January, supposedly, and it's reported to be VERY nice.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

calv
01-02-2006, 02:35 PM
So would it be dumb for me to skip the marathon and go right to the regent? No idea how tall my 2 year old is. She's at least 33" and probably 25lbs. HELP, this is so darn confusing.

momtoB
01-02-2006, 05:21 PM
>So would it be dumb for me to skip the marathon and go right
>to the regent? No idea how tall my 2 year old is. She's at
>least 33" and probably 25lbs. HELP, this is so darn
>confusing.

What car seat are you using now? I think the MA would be the way to go that way you can keep her r/fing until 33lbs. Or if you want to save a few dollars, you can get the Cosco Scenera now for r/fing to 35lbs and switch to the Regent when she's older.