PDA

View Full Version : Combi Questions

tdaloisio
12-30-2005, 06:57 PM
My wife and I are expecting in May and this is our first child...we really like the Combi strollers and car seats, but can't seem to figure out which products are which.

The Combi website references the Cosmo line and the Cosmo EX being sold exclusivley at Babies R Us, where we are registered. It works with their Centre EX infant car seat. (Did this replace the Tyro?). But neither are available on the Amazon/Babies R Us store? and at our local retail store, there is a Centre EX car seat and additional bases, but no Cosmo stroller? There is the Savvy Soho stroller that works with the Combi Connection car seat. But there is no Connection seat in the store????

So...best I can figure is that the Cosmo line is new or an update of the old Urban Life line???

Can anyone shed some light on this for me? I would like to buy Combi, but need to get to the bottom of this and be able to register for the right one through Babies R Us.....

Thanks,
Tim

Joolsplus2
01-02-2006, 11:27 AM
Tim, I'm in the same pickle...I have a Connection seat, and have no idea what stroller it fits on! Have you posted at the strollerboard to see if they have any insight? I really won't say I've looked TOO hard for a Combi stroller, so I don't know all that much (I'm a Maclaren fan, lol).

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

catfeet
01-02-2006, 08:39 PM
Well, according to the Combi website, combi-intl.com, the Connection works with the City Savvy, Savvy EX, Soho DX & Dk5. The Centre EX works with the Cosmo XT and Cosmo EX strollers, neither of which have I seen yet. The Centre did not replace the Tyro. Combi is now offering the Tyro 2, which I believe, has a higher weight limit, much like the Snugride 2.

HTH,
Ann

nfowife
01-02-2006, 08:50 PM
I just saw the cosmo at my local BRU yesterday, it was new and there wasn't a sign up for it but they were next to the Maclarens. You might want to check back in a week or so at your local bru. I don't live in a large metro area so I'm assuming all the bru will get them in.

tdaloisio
01-03-2006, 07:06 AM
So I was able to figure a little out at a baby warehouse nearby with very informative staff...

The Cosmo is a new line (most likely an update of the Urban Life line) and is just getting into stock in stores in the coming weeks. They had just received their boxes the day I was there.

The Cosmo goes with the Centre car seat (the EX is the BRU specific sku, elsewhere you will see the DX and another name I can't recall).

The Connection car seat goes with the City Savvy stoller and the Savvy EX stroller that is currently in stock at BRU).

The difference between the two seems pretty small...outside of the available colors I am not sure what the major differences are.

Joolsplus2
01-03-2006, 08:46 AM
Thanks for the sleuthing, I'll add this page to my favorites :).

By the way, I DO like the Connection as an infant seat, but the 'beltpath' on the base is extremely unintuitive, and you have to put in the necessary egg-shock foam insert in the headrest yourself...this is definitely a 'read the manual thoroughly' seat (well, they all are, but this one is especially complicated, IMO). I haven't heard much about the Centre or Tyro 2 yet, at least I've heard nothing *bad* about them, lol. They all have 5 pt harnesses and smooth front adjusters and tend to fit kids well from birth, so I don't think you can go wrong (plus, the Connection is really a light seat, and the belt guides for installing it without the base are totally awesome).

Good luck, and be sure to keep us up to date on what you choose, and post with any installation questions (for instance, if you are confused by LATCH or seatbelt issues....)

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

Dragonness
01-05-2006, 01:12 AM
Just two days ago my husband and I bought the newly arrived Combi Centre infant car seat at Babies'R'Us and the Combi Flash stroller frame at a specialty boutique, only to discover that the Flash wasn't compatible with the Centre seat. We then went to Babies'R'Us this evening and they were just unpacking the Combi Cosmo EX strollers which are a perfect match and fit for the Centre seat.

The stroller is $100 and isn't just a frame, but a proper stroller. It's pretty neat, folds very small (though not quite as small as the Flash) and we're very pleased with the modern look and solidity of it. The colours it comes in are Mango and Lime. We chose Mango (it's possible that's the only colour they have at BRU). The fabric is a dark silver gray, with some parts in Mango or Lime.

infocrazy
01-05-2006, 12:47 PM
We have a Combi Connection seat at Savvy Stroller. They have worked really well for us. We registered for both at BRU but I haven't looked recently. DS is 5 months old and still in the carrier. He is a string bean so had we gone with the Snugride (at the time I could only find the lesser weight/height seats) he would have outgrown it already. Living in MI, I am really glad to keep him in the carrier longer. It snaps in very securely to the stroller and I LOVE how convenient, lightweight, and small the stroller is to use.

That being said, if you are tall, buy a different stroller. I am 5'9" and DH is 6'3". The stroller barely works for me and DH usually has to push one handed from the side (we rarely use a stroller anyway so it isn't that big of a deal). It also has VERY limited storage space--which I never thought would be an issue for me but it IS that small.

I love the Connection though--get the Sassy bugs--my DS LOVES them!

Jen
7/28/05