PDA

View Full Version : Need help choosing seat for 18 mo old

rynn01
01-01-2006, 05:12 PM
Hi everyone. I'm trying to decide on a seat for my son. He's 30 in, 20 lbs; so he's very small for his age. I didn't know that there was a height limit for infant seats, so he's really in need of a new seat. For the time being Britax is out of the question.

It will be rf until he has to turn ff. The seat will pretty much stay in my car, but will be moved every now and then. We do fly some. So far he sits in my lap, but that will change when he's 2. So with this info what do you suggest?

Thanks,
Rynn

Aunt to sweet baby boy
01-01-2006, 05:58 PM
I would reccomend the cosco Touriva. It is a seat RF to 35 lbs and then FF to 40 lbs. It is very lightweight for travel and fairly easy to move from car to car. It is the most reccomended seat on this board if Britax is not an option. You most likely will have to buy another seat after this but since your ds is so small he should last a while. You can get this seat for ~50 at walmart.

HTH

Ilana

SusanMae
01-01-2006, 09:33 PM
I absolutely agree with Ilana. Also you may see this set as the Cosco Scenera. Make sure to get the 5 point harness, NOT the over head sheild.

Susan