PDA

View Full Version : confused sole, LOL

calv
01-02-2006, 02:59 PM
alright ladies. I'm counting on you for your advice and wisdom. My DD will be 2 this month and is roughly 33 inches and probably 35lbs or so. right now she's in the evenflo triumpth. We'd like to put that as a spare seat in DH's car.

I've been eyeing the Britax marathons but now the Regent caught my eye. It seems like it would make sense to go w/the Regent no (have a longer life)? Tell me why should I go w/the Marathon or why the regent? This is so darn confusing. And also, where is the cheapest place to find the regent?

THANKS so much for your help.

Momof3Labs
01-02-2006, 05:09 PM
The Regent is a big seat - cannot be used on aircraft, and not much support for a kiddo who sleeps in the car. So may not be the best seat for a 2 year old. We just got one for DS, who is 3.25yo, but for Grandma's car, where he only travels for short trips. We use our Marathon for aircraft travel and day to day in DH's car and my car.

There are no deals these days on the Regent. First of all, it is new (out about a month), and second of all, Britax is requiring retailers to charge the same price. We got ours at babyuniverse.com and got a 7.2% rebate on it through fatwallet.com.

boys2enough
01-02-2006, 07:33 PM
Lori,

It seems that BabyUniverse raised their price for Regent! They are all out of stock, but when you click on the pictures, the price changes from 239.99 to 249.99. I wonder whether they figure that they could get more out of people since the Regent seem to be flying out of the door?

Cheers, Lin
Mom to 2 wild boys
D 3/98
G 11/02

http://smilies.vidahost.com/kao/otn/pcomputer.gif

Momof3Labs
01-02-2006, 08:07 PM
Wow! I'm pretty certain that it was $239.99 when I got ours there last month. Bummer!!

calv
01-03-2006, 08:07 AM
thanks for the info. DD isn't really one to nap in the car. I wonder how good/safe it is compared to the marathon (sounds like a silly ? since they're both made by Britax.) And is the Regent a lot lower vs. the marathon?

Joolsplus2
01-03-2006, 09:26 AM
There was a universal price increase on 1/1/06.. all the Britaxes except the Parkway are 10 or 20 bucks more now :(
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

Joolsplus2
01-03-2006, 09:31 AM
The Regent is lower and easier to climb into than the MA... but it'll turn a 5 seater car into a 4 seater (rarely can the most experienced of us get three seats in the back when one is a Husky, lol). My dd felt rather uncomfortable in our Husky until she was 5, because the sides were so far away from her (she much preferred to be 'enclosed' in the Marathon). Also, they expire after 6 years, and your dd won't have outgrown it by then (just something to think about, I know not everyone cares to harness their kids as long as they really can be, but my 8 and 6 yo's both have Huskies with heaps of growing room, and when only one is in the car, they fight over it!).
www.cpsafety.com (sorry, I don't have a direct link on this puter!) has a photo gallery of much older and bigger kids in Huskies and Marathons/Wizards, so you can get an idea of what they look like. Marathons typically last till age 6, Huskies till age 8-11 for 'average' kids.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

calv
01-03-2006, 11:13 AM
gosh i'm so torn. Ughhhhhhh. We have an older sienna (bench style seating). so I imagine that a marathon or husky will fit next to another car seat right? GOOD point about the car seat expiring w/in 6 years. Didn't really think of that.