PDA

View Full Version : 30 lb 2.5 y.o. in RA, new baby in Feb - move DC1 to MA or Recaro?

bunnisa
01-03-2006, 10:11 PM
With the great deal on the Recaro, I'm reconsidering my previous plan to buy DS a Marathon once the new baby outgrows the infant seat.

Good idea or not? Is the Recaro mainly a plus due to the booster feature? I'd like to keep the DC fully harnessed as long as possible.

Bethany
mom to one and one on the way!
http://lilypie.com/days/060226/0/8/1/-6/.png
"And children are always a good thing, devoutly to be wished for and fiercely to be fought for."
-J. Torres

SusanMae
01-03-2006, 10:27 PM
The Recaro will only harness to 40 pounds before having to be used as a booster. So it will give you time as your son gets taller only.

The Marathon will harness up to 65 pounds and give you height. So the MA will give you weight and height growth.

I think the Marathon will allow you to harness your son as well as keep him rear facing longer, where as the Recaro is a FF only seat.

Susan

Momof3Labs
01-04-2006, 09:54 AM
It could work. But I would suggest switching your second to the Recaro (does it RF too?? I can't tell from the websites I found. If not, I'd skip it.) when your first hits 40lbs, and then purchase a seat with higher weight limits for your first. Your oldest likely won't be ready for a booster by 40lbs.

Since it doesn't sound like it works for RF'ing from the sites I just read, I would skip it and buy a Marathon for a few bucks more. Then you can RF both kids to the limits of the Marathon, and probably get close to the full 6 years' use out of it.